Michelin North America Inc. is recalling 129,000 BFGoodrich brand commercial light truck tires sold in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Approximately 104,000 of the recalled tires were sold in the U.S. market.
The company says the tires are primarily found on commercial light trucks, as well as full-sized heavy-duty vans, small RVs and some three-quarter and one-ton pickup trucks.
The recall has been reported to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The includes eight commercial light truck tire sizes that were produced under the following three product names:
* BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season;
* BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2; and
* BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A.
The company says it observed that a limited number of these tires experienced a rapid loss of air pressure due to a rupture of the sidewall in the bead area under severe usage conditions. This can result in a potential risk of loss of vehicle control or vehicle crash. Michelin says there have been no injuries or fatalities reported at this time.
The tires involved in this recall are listed below. The affected tires’ load range, Michelin’s MSPN number, DOT (U.S. Department of Transportation) sequence and DOT production periods (inclusive) are indicated in italics after each tire.
1. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season LT 275/70R18 125/122Q: LRE, 22656 BE15JD11. 1814 to 1914.
2. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2 LT 275/70R18 125/122R: LRE, 13934 BE15DD11, 0814 to 2115.
3. BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A LT 275/70R18 125/122R: LRE, 05023, BE150211, 1414 to 4914.
4. BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A LT 275/65R18 123/120R: LRE, 31847, BEB90211, 4114 to 0415.
5. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2 LT 235/80R17 120/117R: LRE, 11616 , BEABDD11, 2114 to 1515.
6. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2 LT 265/70R17 121/118R: LRE, 17795, BEAHDD11, 1514 to 4714.
7. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2 LT 245/75R17 121/118R: LRE, 39532, BE43DD11, 1114 to 1415.
8. BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season 2 LT 245/70R17 119/116R: LRE, 30539, BEP8DD11, 1814 to 0315.
The company recommends consumers remove these tires as soon as possible in order to receive a similar product at no cost.
To return and replace these tires at no cost, please visit an authorized BFGoodrich dealer for assistance. To locate a BFGoodrich dealer, visit http://www.BFGoodrichTires.com.
For questions or concerns, contact BFGoodrich Consumer Care at 866-524-2638 (U.S.), 866-424-2638 (Canada) or 01-800-062-0867 (Mexico).
Source Modern Tire Dealer
Your Next Tire has all your tire needs whether you need tires for your minivan, backhoe, dump truck, lawn mower, atv, semi truck or Ford F150.
We have several warehouses full of tires and ship all over the USA daily. Give us a call at 1-888-513-8473 and check out our website http://www.yournexttire.com