Yokohama Tire Corp. will raise its consumer tire prices up to 8%, effective Dec. 1, 2010. In-line adjustments will be announced later.
Yokohama officials say the increase is necessary due to escalating raw material, manufacturing and transportation costs. The company is the latest in a long list of tiremakers to announce price hikes. Others include.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp., which will hike its passenger, light truck and commercial truck tire prices up to 6% on Nov. 1.
* Falken Tire Corp., which will hike its passenger, light truck and medium truck tire prices up to 8% on Nov. 1.
* Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc., which will raise consumer and medium truck tire prices up to 6.5%, also on Nov. 1.
* Hankook Tire America Corp., which will raise its consumer and commercial tire prices up to 6.5% on Nov. 1.
* Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., which will hike its consumer tire prices in North America also as much as 6.5% on Nov. 1.
Pirelli Tire North America says it will hike its consumer tire prices in the U.S. up to 7%, effective Dec. 1. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. raised its medium truck tires prices up to 8% on Oct. 1.
Check our Online Store for available sizes of the Yokoama and many other high performance and all season treads for any vehicle. We’ve priced these tires competitively to offer you the best deal around. If you have questions or would like to place an order via telephone give us a call today at 1-888-513-TIRE(8473). We are tire professionals and we are here to help.
Source: Modern Tire Dealer